TechSpot

Mad Catz RAT 7 axis not working

By Edito
Dec 2, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. hi ppl hope everthings good there im very bad, sad and desapointed with my mouse RAT 7 from mad catz, suddenly the axis (x and y) atopped working during my journey in skirym i restarte the game, the pc, re installed the drivers with no sucess i just don't know how to fix the problem does anyone can five me some light on this one plz :-(.

thanks in advance...

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,244   +234

You have a beta version of Windows 7. The full program is available. Because you can't use Windows Update, this may be contributing to your problem

3. Edito

Edito TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 52   +8

Hello Tmagic650 thanks for the reply but i just can't relate the answer u gave to my problem can you explain in a better way? Or you didn't want to answer my question instead???

4. Tmagic650

In your specs it says Windows 7 beta 1. Windows 7 has been out of beta release since early 2009 so why are you still running it?

5. Edito

Ohhh Ur right my profile is outdated and i was about to update it right now check my specs within minutes plz :)

Thanks...

6. Tmagic650

Have you tried another mouse on this PC?

7. Edito

yes im using a basic logitech mouse right now olny the rat 7 doesn't work...

8. Tmagic650

So replace the RAT 7

9. Edito

thats the solution i will replace it and add some cash to buy the rat 9 and i just can't imagine my self with a mouse different than rat 7 or 9.

10. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

I had one of madcatz keyboards break on me, they sent me a new one within a month (slow *** process but an $80 keyboard)

I actually didnt know it was a madcatz keyboard, otherwise i wouldn't have bought it but it works great.

The point i'm failing to make is e-mail madcats see if they will do anything for you (depending on the age)

11. Edito

i just used it for 4 months it realy got me frustrated and i read on the web that the problem is because of the twin eye sensor provided by philips is bad and the rat 9 is fixed lets hope.

12. tehbanz

tehbanz TS Enthusiast Posts: 183   +10

Before you spend a dime contact madcatz, tell them what you've found and what your problem is. CHANCES ARE they will send you a rat9. the keyboard I had was a saitek cyborg 7 or something like that, they said they had all sorts of problems with that model and sent me the latest Madcatz Modern Warfare 2 Keyboard. Which it's the same thing but with better components. Just try it out, maybe save some dough! Madcatz IMHO has really turned face from last time I used their products in the 90's. I think they've come a long way and I think it started when they started making professional grade fight sticks.