Mad Catz unveils $300 modular S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 gaming keyboard

By Matthew
Aug 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Complementing its customizable Cyborg R.A.T. mouse series, Mad Catz has announced a new gaming keyboard with more gimmicks than Billy Mays. The S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 touts a full metal chassis with five interlocking hardware modules -- the main keyboard, a palm…

Read more
  2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 265   +77

As bad as the Company is to deal with, the Steel Series Merch Stealth for ~ $55 is still the best FPS/MMO keyboard I've found.
  3. oooohhhh... aaaaaahhhh... (drooling fascinated)
  4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

$300 for a membrane keyboard? Surely they could have used mechanical keys for that price.
  5. This reminds me of the Logitech G19 keyboard that a buddy purchased about a year ago for over $175. Let's just say that in a room with a bunch of low-key mechanical keyboards he looks ridiculous. He also hates it for the price and the membrane keys and I don't blame him, no one can type on the thing. I don't understand this particular keyboard segment...
  6. Renrew

Renrew TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 235   +17

@ Ranger1st

"As bad as the Company is to deal with, the Steel Series Merch Stealth for ~ $55 is still the best FPS/MMO keyboard I've found"

The least expensive model runs $89.99 on Amazon, u must have gotten an exceptional deal.
  7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,263   +41

I love my black window ultimate. I've tried a bunch of keyboards but non have surpassed this thing.
  8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

You mean the Razer BlackWidow? Yea, it rules, 'cause I own it too! All hail Cult Razer!
  9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,263   +41

Yeah I've even spilled a whole glass of coke on it and it still works like new. I had to take it apart of course but I thought for sure it would short out.
    Platinerd_XL likes this.
  10. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TechSpot Booster Posts: 303   +43

I still love my cyborg v7 keyboard, has the lights and style I love and has great durability, best $100 I have spent outside of the PC case. my g510 though on the other hand, not so much...
  11. Have the g19 its ok just ordered the strike and I cant wait who cared it has a oled screen haha like my vita that never use meh its just money oh and I had the razor blackwidow ultimate ..WTF is up with the clicking drove me nuts too it back after 2 days

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.