TechSpot

Mad Catz unveils $300 modular S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 gaming keyboard

By Matthew
Aug 15, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Complementing its customizable Cyborg R.A.T. mouse series, Mad Catz has announced a new gaming keyboard with more gimmicks than Billy Mays. The S.T.R.I.K.E. 7 touts a full metal chassis with five interlocking hardware modules -- the main keyboard, a palm…

Read more

2. Ranger1st

Ranger1st TS Addict Posts: 317   +91

As bad as the Company is to deal with, the Steel Series Merch Stealth for ~ $55 is still the best FPS/MMO keyboard I've found.

3. oooohhhh... aaaaaahhhh... (drooling fascinated)

4. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,706   +170

$300 for a membrane keyboard? Surely they could have used mechanical keys for that price.

5. This reminds me of the Logitech G19 keyboard that a buddy purchased about a year ago for over $175. Let's just say that in a room with a bunch of low-key mechanical keyboards he looks ridiculous. He also hates it for the price and the membrane keys and I don't blame him, no one can type on the thing. I don't understand this particular keyboard segment...

6. Renrew

Renrew TS Enthusiast Posts: 253   +19

@ Ranger1st

"As bad as the Company is to deal with, the Steel Series Merch Stealth for ~ $55 is still the best FPS/MMO keyboard I've found"

The least expensive model runs $89.99 on Amazon, u must have gotten an exceptional deal.

7. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

I love my black window ultimate. I've tried a bunch of keyboards but non have surpassed this thing.

8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TS Addict Posts: 609   +109

You mean the Razer BlackWidow? Yea, it rules, 'cause I own it too! All hail Cult Razer!

9. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 3,481   +44

Yeah I've even spilled a whole glass of coke on it and it still works like new. I had to take it apart of course but I thought for sure it would short out.

Platinerd_XL likes this.
  10. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 440   +100

I still love my cyborg v7 keyboard, has the lights and style I love and has great durability, best $100 I have spent outside of the PC case. my g510 though on the other hand, not so much...

11. Have the g19 its ok just ordered the strike and I cant wait who cared it has a oled screen haha like my vita that never use meh its just money oh and I had the razor blackwidow ultimate ..WTF is up with the clicking drove me nuts too it back after 2 days