Magic DVD Ripper

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbzeigler

I'm attempting to rip a movie from one of my DVDs. I want to use some of the clips to rearrange for a new trailer or something. I own the DVD. I'm using Magic DVD Ripper. If I want to rip the movie and only the movie and burn it onto a DVD, should I be using the BACKUP or CONVERT tab? Any links to specific directions would definitely help. Thanks.

You are allowed to make a backup of your purchased media if they are not copy-protected. "Convert" would be for changing the format of the file. It really depends what you plan to do and what editors you have. You want the result to be in a format that your editor can process.

Oh, I love this program.

You would use convert if you want it to be in .avi format. You should be able to simply click on Convert and then choose .AVI or Xvid/DivX.

Oh, I'm sorry I missed your response. Umm, it may burn, but it will not be watchable on every dvd player.

You could convert to AVI, do what you want to with it, then get a program to convert AVI to DVD format!

But will the .avi be small enough to fit onto a DVD? A DVD is 4.7 GB but is that going to be big enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back