Major issue! BFG8800GTX freaky problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

omar5575

Hi there!

Well, Bascailly i had the my water cooled BFGtech 8800GTX RMA'ed exactly a week ago, because it had some weird RAM issue. The card came back and was working like a dream! crysis on (almost) full was sweet ! but then yesterday whilst simply checking my mail i got a nvdlklmm (something like that0 error, which kept crashing and restarting...which was slightly annoying but then it became really bad. I restarted and then the comptuer was fine again, after 15 mins i got the rror again! so i restarted for the 3rd time and noticed there were tiny (1 pixel size) blue dots around the screen, like 3/4 on the desktop, and a whole row diagonally on stuff liek visualtisations and games! so i booted into safemode and then i saw that there were absolutely no errors AT ALL! it was working like new. i uninstalled drivers and reinstalled, cleaned them, etc, and so long as the drivers were uninstalled the computer would work like a dream (crap reses though!). No matter which version i used, the latest, the old and the beta the second they got installed i got the dots and crashes on the screen again! this is driving me insane as iv spent ALOT on this card and i dont want to go to the hassle of RMA'ing the damn thing again! its going to cost me again for another postage and packaging...LAME! so any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Just to summarise, ive cleaned drivers, reisntalled, and whenever the Nvidia drivers were on i got the errors, whenever they were uninstalled i got no errors and all was good (i.e. safemode) The driver error ONLY HAPPENS when iv logged in...not on the logon screen or bios screen! The card does not overheat (mildly warm to touch waterblock) either and i have tried underclocking using Rivatuner.

thanks alot!

System Specs

Asus M2N Nforce 430
AMD X2 6000+
BFG tech Nvidia Geforce 8800GTX WC (768mb)
1.5GB DDR2 Ram
400GB seagate HDD
Thermaltake 735 Bigwater

The absolute best way to diagnose the problem would be to try the card on another system, if possible.

If the card is working fine in safe mode, then it is most likely a driver issue/conflict within Windows. While in safe mode, uninstall the drivers normally from the Add/Remove programs menu and then run a driver cleaner such as Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. Run the cleaner a few times and then restart the computer; boot back into safe mode. Reinstall the latest display drivers, restart, and boot into Windows normally. If you are still having problems, it may be with the chipset drivers or DirectX installation.

hi there

right, iv tried all of that except i havent replaced/fixed Directx, Yet i reformatted and isntalled XP and the exact same problem happened, once the F**king drivers were installed WMP11 visualizations would have the little blue dots...its insanity! and about the chipset drivers i might try that now, im thinking also taking the rig apart and seeing if there is any obvious problems. This is insane as iv had the card for less than a week since its last RMA and they told me they completely replaced the damn thing! any more suggestions up your sleeve? thanks alot! highly appreciated!

Well, if you've tried the card in another system and it worked, you might want to have a look at the video card slot on the board in the system you are having issues with. There could be some dust or debris between a few of the contacts or something. Also, what are the specs of your power supply? I recall something like this happening to a buddy of mine and it turned out to be an underpowered PSU. The most important thing is that you have enough amperage on the +12v to run the card. You might want to check that out.

Well, i had a 500watt PSU at first, but after some serious gaming it went boom! so that day i got a 570watt psu, and i had no problems at all! its just i really cant see how the hardware is related to the fact that when drivers are installed it goes fubar, and when they aint its all good! i havet tried the card in another pc because i dont know someone with a PCi-e slot on their mobo...incomvenient i know. In the mean time, on the BIOS its saying the mobo is getting 11.79 volts...is that maybe an issue to consider?

oh and i forgot to say, i fixed the Nvdlkmm error, but i still get corruption and really small dots on places that are graphically enhanced, i.e. games and WMP. Thanks, i will check the slot now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back