Major Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

I am fairly new to the site and I rarely or never post for help..

Any ways I wake this morning to find that my computer had restart itself... Now I have resently took my floppy drive while cleaning out the dust in the case.. Figured I didn't need it any more. When I boot up I get the message blah blah can't find floppy F1 to continue.. ok that was like 3 days ago...

So I try starting windows in normal mode... I doesn't even get to the loading windows screen before rebooting..

So I try starting it using the best known working settings.. same thing happens..

Then I try safe mode maybe I could do a system restore... I does the same thing...

So I try to reinstall xp... I get all the way to where it says loading windows and I get this error...

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,
restart your computer. If this screens appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is
identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check
with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video
Adapters.

Check with your hadware vendor for any Bios updates. Disable
BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need
to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your
computer, pres F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000007e (0xc0000005,0xf731f21f,0xf78d21b4,0xf78d1ebo)

*** VIDEOPRT.SYS - Adress F731F21F base at F7313000, DateStamp 41107d08

Now I took my HD out and took over to a family members house and pluged it into there computer and it loads up just fin no problems...

My build is..

MSI K8N Neo4-F 939 NVIDIA nForce4
AMD Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego 2.2GHz Socket 939
EVGA GForce 7300 GT 512 Video card
WD Raptor HD SATA

Please I need help I am to the pont where I dunno what to do =o(

Try to go in your BIOS, usually you hold down the Delete key. Just make sure its showing your hardware configuration correctly and then save and exit, reboot.

Maybe, check to see whether your hard disk is physically corectly connected in you motherbord, try it out on another computer as a slave to see whether it can be picked.

Feed back

well michaelmcloud

Mornin back at ya!

As a new member, you're encouraged to read through the information pointed at by the links under Community and Posting Guidelines. It should help you have a more enjoyable and productive time on the site.

And while it is a friendly surprise to stumble across your post in a thread about someone's major computer problem, I think you'll understand why its better to create a new post in a different, better suitted forum for your post's content. Re-introduce yourself within the Introduce Yourself forum. And feel free to explore the site, read the news articles or learn more about technologies by reading through the various forum discussion threads. And when you like it, feel free to create a new thread by posting your own question in one of the forums. Or a post a reply to someone else to help them with their question.

But most of all, and again, Welcome.

burbuletapimba said:
Maybe, check to see whether your hard disk is physically corectly connected in you motherbord, try it out on another computer as a slave to see whether it can be picked.

Feed back

Already did that if you read the first part.. and it loaded up just fine with no problems... That was the WD Sata Rarptor.. I tryed putting in a ATA SG and it did the same thing wouldn't let me install windows.. and gave me that same error...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back