Major problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymo72

Hi , My laptop has some major problems.

when i use google and search for a result it brings up results as normal but then when i click on any it opens the result in a new window and it goes to a different page (sometimes a you tube video). it also crashes a lot and I cannor run malaware antispyware or superantispyware either.

I have run avira successfully and i have attached my hijack this

any help much appreciated

"Major problem"s require more that just HijackThis! You have the DNS Changer malware: NameServer = 85.255.112.62,85.255.112.231

Disable Real Time Protection:
AD-AWARE AD-WATCH

• Right click on the Ad-Watch icon in the system tray.
  • At the bottom of the screen there will be two checkable items called "Active" and "Automatic".

• [o] Active: This will turn Ad-Watch On\Off without closing it.
      [o] Automatic: Suspicious activity will be blocked automatically.
  • Uncheck both of those boxes.
  • (When done, you can re-enable it using the same steps but this time check both boxes.)

Please follow the steps here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

Rescan with HijackThis AFTER running the other programs. Attach all 3 logs for review.

hi . , i have the adaware icon but I cant see the check boxes, also if I try to follow the 8 steps i can do all apart from malaware which doesnt work

Right click on the Ad-Watch icon in the system tray.

If you still don't get the choice boxes:
Start> Run> type in msconfig> enter> Selective Startup> Startup tab> UNCHECK all AdAware or AdWatch entries> Apply> OK> Reboot> Ignore the nag message and close it after checking 'don't show this message again.' Stay in Selective Startup.

It's important that you tell me what happens when you try to run the cleaning programs. Do you mean that Malwarebytes won't scan? What happens when you try?Error message? What?

Is the problem downloading the programs from the internet? Do you have a flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back