Major Problems with simply no solution (that can be found)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashsStevens

All right before Christmas we had two different Internet Servers, I normally run Mozilla Firefox the newest version. While everyone else uses Internet Explorer 6 or 7 I believe that comes standard with Windows XP. To get to the problem I suppose is this a Malware attached itself to our computer via Internet Explorer it turned off our Firewall and disabled our Macafee Security center. I got rid of it by a system restore check point. Well a few weeks later after we got Macafee up and running again we get hit by three different Malware Virus's that disabled the internet, firewall, and basically every thing from desktop to system. I finally found a way around it going through the security protocols in the start up menu. Mainly add and remove files from the comp. But something strange happened after I believe I got rid of the Three Malicious Viruses. Macafee even after being deleted and redownloaded will not open it wont even start up or show on the stat bar in the screen it will not work what so ever. And on top of that my computer keeps freezing over and over and over. I have to restart the Computer atleast 35 different times today alone. I've also come to find out that my system restore check points have been deleted and it wasn't me who deleted them. It won't let me defrag the c drive nor will it let me run a clean up on the c drive.. I'm surprised it hasn't froze up yet. I don't know what to do. and its driving me nutz.. please, please help me.

Oh and I deleted IE believing it was the sole problem and now we run Firefox but something is still wrong.. and I just can't figure it out.

I'm trying to download your anti spy ware things and it won't allow me to download them it acts as though the option is not even there.

MVT Information
MVT Version : 5.0.1.0
System Information
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional (Build 2600)
Service Pack : Service Pack 3.0
Language : 0409
Internet Explorer Version : 8.0
Internet Explorer Language : en-us
System Drive Type : NTFS
Physical Memory Available : 1582768
Physical Memory Total : 2087404
Virtual Memory Available : 2056252
Virtual Memory Total : 2097024
System Architecture : x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz
Date Time : 08/23/2009 09:03:49
Time Zone : GMT -05:00
Product Details
Product Name : VirusScan - McAfee Security Suite
Product Version : 12.1.111
Language : en-us
Partner : Comcast
Account ID : 117659901
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service 1 service(s) incorrect
Expected Service State Incorrect
Expected : running
Existing : paused
Service: McShield C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe

COM OK
DAT and Engine OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Name : SecurityCenter
Product Version : 8.1.175
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Product Name : Personal Firewall - McAfee Security Suite
Product Version : 9.1.108
Account ID : 117659901
Health Check Details
Registry OK
File OK
Process OK
Service OK
COM OK
Patches OK
Top Issues OK
SYSTEM OK

I really don't know about servers per se but it still sounds like you might be seriously infected and the result is corruption of important software. I strongly suggest going to our Virus and Malware removal forum and read the Updated 8 Step sticky and follow it step by step. Then post there with the three required logs.

I notice you have Comcast and they offer free McAfee. I have Comcast also but you'll find that McAfee is not very good. There are much better offerings to consider once you get your issues straightened out.

Good luck.

There will be great difficulty in running the downloads from the Virus and Malware removal thread. You could try downloading them on another PC to USB, then running the infected PC in safe mode and executing from USB. There is a still a good chance they will not run. One other option is to remove the HDD from the infected machine and mount it in a suitable sacrificial PC in place of a CD/DVD drive. It is extremely important you do not accidently boot from the infected drive, but only read from it as a secondary drive. You can then run the various anti-viral packages with relatively (but NOT complete) safety, and hopefully clean your PC.

The fact of the matter is these things, when really bad, are very, very, very hard to remove because they slot into a huge number of processes that start with the PC. In every case, a complete HDD clean install is preferable.

The professional defense against this type of problem is not system restore, it is hard drive imaging with several images going back in time, in case you cannot pin down the last one that was 'clean'

Someone told me to use Reg scrub I downloaded it but once again because it would get rid of whatever.. it won't let me open it.. I can't download anything that will actually help the computer because it stops me at every turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back