Major problems with Windows

By Combatjack
Sep 9, 2006
  1. I messed something up big on my computer i don't know what i did. None of the commands i do in msconfig work no window even pops up and now i decide to do a system restore and my computer won't even open it.
  2. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 595

This isnt the thread for introducing yourself, but trust me I won't tell Howard (wink wink) But give me your system specs and I will help you.
  3. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

You will to provide more info than that.
  4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 4,274

Please use proper thread titles from now on.
  5. Combatjack

Combatjack TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 17

Sorry about that i was kinda tired posting anyway. I Just installed a new hard drive Western Digital 320gb SATA and transfered all the information over. I decided to go into msconfig and that did not work the window did not pop up at all then i went to system restore and gave me an error message and shut it down. System restore is unable to protect your computer restart. I am using Windows XP Media Center 2005. Sorry about that title.

I also noticed that there is a config folder in the windows folder and it is empty, good or bad?
    If bad is there a way to reinstall windows with out getting the files deleted already on it?
  6. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 137

Try doing a system repair, by booting from the windows CD.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.