TechSpot

Major problems with Windows

By Combatjack
Sep 9, 2006
  1. I messed something up big on my computer i don't know what i did. None of the commands i do in msconfig work no window even pops up and now i decide to do a system restore and my computer won't even open it.

2. sw123

sw123 TS Rookie Posts: 752

Hey.

This isnt the thread for introducing yourself, but trust me I won't tell Howard (wink wink) But give me your system specs and I will help you.

3. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 272

You will to provide more info than that.

4. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Please use proper thread titles from now on.

5. Combatjack

Combatjack TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 18

Sorry about that i was kinda tired posting anyway. I Just installed a new hard drive Western Digital 320gb SATA and transfered all the information over. I decided to go into msconfig and that did not work the window did not pop up at all then i went to system restore and gave me an error message and shut it down. System restore is unable to protect your computer restart. I am using Windows XP Media Center 2005. Sorry about that title.

I also noticed that there is a config folder in the windows folder and it is empty, good or bad?
    If bad is there a way to reinstall windows with out getting the files deleted already on it?

6. riekmaharg2

riekmaharg2 TS Rookie Posts: 272

Try doing a system repair, by booting from the windows CD.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.