Making a Computer Build ><

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Elvrage

Okie Dokie.

Well at first I wasn't sure if this was the right board to post this in, but in all my other searching this seemed the most relevant.

Okay, we'll start off with I'm building a new computer for myself. It's going to be a gaming rig and I just wanted to post what I've got or am getting for it.

Case

Couldn't find it on TigerDirect, and I bought it locally. So yeah..

PSU

I had to buy a 20 to 24-Pin Mobo Cable because the one it comes with is only 20.

MOBO+CPU Bundle

GPU

RAM

HDD

DvD Burner

CPU Cooler

Mouse

Keyboard

Monitor

Please leave all feed back about the build, what you think about it. I also would like recommendations on it.

-Elvrage

A little bit late on the PSU, I've already purchased it and the case. ><

Umm. So what's wrong with it? Everyone I know that has used an Ultra gives them a thumbs up. It's plenty of power for my computer also.

Awesome system build, I also made my system with parts from tiger direct rather than buy systems from Dell or other companies. GL with it!

Thanks.

I'm almost ready to buy the Mobo+CPU ><

So I'll tell you how it goes when I get everything installed and all that.

This combo is a much better idea, since it gives you a much more powerful CPU than the X2 6400+ for an excellent price after the rebate, if you're willing to go for one in the first place.

Also, this would be a better HSF for the CPU. Throw in this fan for it and you have some superb cooling for your CPU.

In addition, consider this monitor since it's bigger, supports a higher resolution and is cheaper than your current choice.

Next, I suggest you buy this card. For only about $10-20 more than the HD 3870, it offers much better performance.

Also, this HDD is a much better deal than your current choice, since it has a greater capacity and is also cheaper.

Your PSU is a good quality one and will easily support all the items listed. Also, great deal on the DVD burner. Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

I agree with Rage_3K_Moiz, Elvrage. Your best bet really is the 8800.... No matter how much you hate Nvidia/Intel, I see no reason to choose one and stick with it no matter what, because sometimes yours will get beaten, and when it comes to computers, you might as well just go with what is best at the time.

one question about the psu, does it come with the 6pin pci-e connector? if not you may need to buy one, its like 3 bucks.

Okay I say no on the PSU because Ultra-X PSUs are just cool looking power supplies.

Oh and good job asking for help when you've already ordered the stuff. You really need to get input on something rather than asking for input and then buying it before you get any input at all...

ShipMaster said:
Oh and good job asking for help when you've already ordered the stuff. You really need to get input on something rather than asking for input and then buying it before you get any input at all...

Why don't we "re-examine" what he actually posted?

Elvrage said:
Okay, we'll start off with I'm building a new computer for myself. It's going to be a gaming rig and I just wanted to post what I've got or am getting for it.

The tone (Ironic, eh?) I read that in was one that is very smart***ery, and that kind of upsets me. If you actually read his post, he stated he had already bought at least some of it. One of his lines is actually "I had to buy a 20 to 24-Pin Mobo Cable because the one it comes with is only 20.", which tells you he has already bought the power supply. He didn't even sign UP for this site until after he bought it, from what I can see. I am not trying to start anything, just making a point and asking you to start reading the posts all the way through before you say something.

Oh, and BTW, I also was worried about the Ultra PSU, until I seen all of the positive feedback it was given. So we were basically on the same page. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back