Making aim, or any other prog windows opaque

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentAssasinooo

hey all, I was wondering if anyone knew how to make windows opaque for aol instant messenger. I knwo you can with pidgin but I kinda wanted to keep aim. I Kinda have a bad feeling that since it's not open source I can't do it. any help or suggestions would be great.

Control Panel> Display> Appearance tab> Effects> UNCHECK 'show Windows content while dragging'> Apply> OK.

I mean like make them translucent like you can with pidgin. so you can stil lsue the windows, but see through them, so if I wanted my buddy list always on top I sould see through it to the things behind it without minimizing it.

Ya gotta get this straight! First you asked how to make them "opaque", now you ask how to make them "translucent"! Which is it? See through or not see though?

Pidgin is a multi-protocol Instant Messaging client that allows you to use all of your IM accounts at once.. AIM is a also a downloadable program. Each have their own graphical interface. But you are asking about applying some Windows graphical interface to AIM. You can't. You will need to stay within the confines of the AIM interface itself.

i understand that I was asking if there was a way to modify some script or something to change it so you can slightly see through the windows. not apply a windows gi to it. basically all i need to know is the fact that aim is not open source prog going to make any editing impossible for something like that?

Can you change the source to do what you want? No.

One thing you can try:
Control Panel> System> Advanced tab> Performance section> Visual settings>>> Custom> read through this section. Try checking those relating to transparency- see if that makes any difference. When through> Apply> OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back