TechSpot

Making sure everything is tuned for first computer build

By sspeedy43
Nov 27, 2009
  1. Hey guys this is going to be my first computer build i wanted to just no if everything is compatible with each other. i am buying all the parts off newegg and i want everything to run smoothly, i was wondering if you guys could look everything over?
    you guys have always been great and i want to thank you in advance!
    It may not be the best gaming computer build but i am a junior in high school and dont have that much money lol thanks!

Attached Files:

2. siyavi

siyavi TS Rookie Posts: 21

Looks fine, I think you are missing a sound card.

3. sspeedy43

sspeedy43 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 37

Are you sure the motherboard does not come with one built in?

4. siyavi

I didn't think about that nor did I check. If it doesn't come with one, no big deal, just order one.

5. Ritwik7

Ritwik7 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,288   +7

Could you just link to the parts. The uploaded doc keeps crashing Open Office.

6. siyavi

Works fine for me, bad OO compilation mayhaps?

7. mailpup

mailpup TS Special Forces Posts: 8,506   +238

The parts should all work fine. The motherboard does have built in sound so you don't need a separate sound card unless you want one. It also has onboard graphics but I wouldn't use it for gaming.

Your case is a mid tower case but your motherboard is a micro ATX form factor. It will fit and work, no problem but have you considered a full ATX motherboard? It will give you more expansion and RAM slots for more options later although you don't absolutely need it.

BTW, you didn't include an operating system. Don't forget to include one in your budget.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.