Malware alarm on computer. Cannot run safe mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darrenbilly

Hi. I have malware alarm on my computer. I installed AVG free edition and completed a full scan which appeared to get rid of it. It then came back, AVG would not let me scan so i used bitdefender online scan, It found 15 or so viruses and trojans, along with some malware and infected files. I then installed zonealarm as for some reason, windows firewall wont turn on. I then resarted the computer and my desktop background had gone white, it has also frozen, i can not move the mouse, open start menu or use alt>ctrl>delete. I tried running in safe mode, finally got there but it gets to the log in screen and Admin and my account comes up, but it is frozen, i cannot click or use mouse.

Please help?
Thanks
Darren

Sorted!

Turns out my USB ports stopped working..... I found this out when a cd i put in (windows) opened up on the desktop, this showed me that the computer had not frozen, so i tried a p2/p mouse and it worked........ I've back up my important files and formatted my computer. The problems on it were escalating. Thank you for your help anyway!

Glad it works :D
And yea this has happened to me too before. the mouse didnt wanna move when windows loaded. found out that it was slightly unplugged ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back