Inactive Malware leading to unresponsive desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I recently got the "happili" google redirect malware so I downloaded malware bytes but while running it stopped responding, then everything stopped working. I couldn't CTRL ALT DLT or click on any desktop icons, I had to manually shut off my computer. When I turned it back on a few seconds after logging in the desktop went white and I couldn't do anything again. Having to manually restart it again I started in safe mode, it didn't freeze up so I ran malwarebytes, it found 4-6 problems, so I clicked remove. It restarted but then became unresposive again. Any ideas on what to do?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds more like you have one of the very busy rogues. Please explain more clearly what you access if for the system:
1. Can you boot into Normal Mode?
2. Can you boot into into Safe Mode with Networking.
3. Can you access anything from the desktop? Can to see the desktop? Do you have icons, programs, files, etc. that appear to be 'missing'?

If there is a problem with the above scans, please let me know specifically what the problem is.
=====================================
Please follow these steps: Preliminary Virus and Malware Removal.

NOTE: If you already have any of the scanning programs on the computer, please remove them and download the versions in these links.

When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.
===============================
My Guidelines: please read and follow:
  • Be patient. Malware cleaning takes time. I am also working with other members while I am helping you.
  • Read my instructions carefully. If you don't understand or have a problem, ask me. Follow the order of the tasks I give you. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
  • If you have questions, or if a program doesn't work, stop and tell me about it. Don't try to get around it yourself.
  • File sharing programs should be uninstalled or disabled during the cleaning process..
  • Observe these:
    [o] Don't follow directions given to someone else
    [o] Don't use any other cleaning programs or scans while I'm helping you.
    [o] Don't use a Registry cleaner or make any changes in the Registry.
    [o] Don't download and install new programs- except those I give you.
Threads are closed after 5 days if there is no reply.

Ok 1) when I boot it up normally it works for a few second, but then it freezes up as in I can't click anything and when trying to pull up the task manager nothing happens. 2) I can boot in safe mode with networking. 3) when in safe mode everything is there, when booting normally some of the icons don't show the correct image, as in it doesn't load the icons' picture.

1. If your task manager is disabled:
Press Windows+R key> type cmd>copy and run this command
Code:
Echo y | reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System /v DisableTaskMgr
Press Enter

2. If you're desktop is blank or you are unable to right click on it:
Press Windows+R key> type cmd>copy and run this command ,run this command
Code:
Echo y | reg delete HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer /v NoDesktop[/b]
Press Enter
=====================================
If, after doing the previous 2 Commands you are still "missing" features you need, do this:
Download Unhide.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Double-click on Unhide.exe icon to run the program.
  • This program will remove the +H, or hidden, attribute from all the files on your hard drives.
Note 1: This does not remove the malware- only the attribute causing the 'missing' problem.So it is important for you to continue.
Note 2: If you are infected with System Check it is important that you do not delete any files from your Temp folder or use any temp file cleaners
========================================
Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networking option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Now download and run the scans.

After starting back up in normal mode everything was fine until I started typing into the "run" box then it stopped responding ("not responding") then when I clicked on the desktop it got a white "haze" (usually on things that are not responding) over it. When trying to click on the toolbar at the bottom it just has the hourglass and I can't click on anything. I tried to do ALT CTRL DLT and windows+R but nothing happens. The icons are there but I can't click on them or anything else. It's like the whole desktop is not responding...

Please shut the computer down. Then >>

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
  • Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard.
  • Select the Safe Mode with Networking option when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press ENTER.

Then run the scan in Reply #2. If you can't access the network, use a good computer to download the scanning programs. Then connect to the problem desktop and run the scans.

It is entirely possible that you have a hardware problem and not malware.

I attached the DDS log but I'm not sure I'm using the GMER correctly. How long does it usually take? Because mines been going for over a hour now.

EDIT:
ok I looked back ate the instructions again and decided to stop and redownload the program. It looked as if it ran the quick scan but no log or anything came up is this right?

Attachments

• DDS.txt
    23.8 KB · Views: 0
Okay on GMER

Please revisit instructions:
When you have finished, leave the logs for review in your next reply .
NOTE: Logs must be pasted in the replies. Attached logs will not be reviewed.

Although one of the DDS logs is named Attach.txt, the instructions are to paste it in the post and not to zip it. Please paste both DDS logs in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back