Malware removal

By touch
Mar 15, 2009
Post New Reply
  1. I´m sorry if I have on step on someone´s toes, but this is wrong advice:
    techspot.com/vb/topic123450.html

I would like to help user with their malware problems, have tried PM some of the staff, but again the 5 post rule :)

Regards touch
  2. kimsland

kimsland Ex-TechSpotter Posts: 18,353

I'm attached to the thread, I posted one reply there already, but I'll leave it to your support and watch the thread progress., just reply on that thread if you need further help (either on malware removal, or other support member concerns)
  3. kritius

kritius TechSpot Guru Posts: 2,087

As I said in my reply,

I was looking at the wrong log, a mistake, not one I make often. Might have been better to say in the actual thread though and offered constructive comments rather than this route.

But hey, each to their own.
  4. touch

touch Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 978

I´m Sorry kritius. I just thought if I replied in the thread, it would be "spam", but I can see that I have much to learn :)
  5. kritius

kritius TechSpot Guru Posts: 2,087

Thats ok.

I don't mind being corrected, no one is perfect. I just like it when it's mentioned in the thread so that the op can learn.
    If you ever want to find out why I'm doing something you can pm me as well.
  6. kimsland

Don't worry kritius

I'm saving posts made by you for reference anyway ;)
    I especially liked this one:
    Oh thanks for the PM too kritius, hmm I'll just check..
  7. touch

I don´t know where to ask, so I´ll do it here ;)

Am I allowed to help in Virus & Malware removal forum, as - newcomer in training. ?

The reason for asking is, I´m in doubt what - Established members - means
  8. kimsland

Yes you are allowed to help support on any thread (including Virus & Malware removal forum)
    Regarding that particular forum please read this first: Special governing rules for the Virus & Malware removal board
    Basically it is required that you know how to read and support in the provided attached logs
    If you can do this., then certainly you can support on these threads, I quote:
    I must state quite obviously that malware helpers are highlighted in PURPLE If a malware helper comes into your thread to advise on a different course of action, then this must be respected without debate (on the thread)

Anyway, although you do not have a PURPLE username, you are still allowed to help
  9. touch

Thank you for respons, kimsland.

And I will, of course, respect what malware helpers advice
  10. kimsland

Yep ok

Also no need to reply to a thread 1 weeks old, seems a bit much
    Some say that's not old, but I feel that they probably had their system cleaned by now
    Or they're very patient ;)
  11. touch

You´re probably right :)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.