TechSpot

Malwarebytes error code 1058

Inactive
By chewzall
Jan 7, 2011
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure I'm in the right forum for this as I don't believe I've currently got malware... I'm running malwarebytes pro on Vista Ultimate, with no issues until I reinstalled McAfee Security Center to rectify a slow boot issue. I now cannot enable the protection module on Malwarebytes and receive error code 1058 when I attempt to enable the module.
    I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that this is due to some conflict with the McAfee reinstall. Can anyone help me to correct this so I can activate the protection module?
    Thanks!!
  2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,392   +36

This error code usually refers to a failed update. MBAM is unable to update.

If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.

See if that works for you. If problem continues, suggest checking the firewall setting in McAfee.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.