Inactive Malwarebytes error fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just downloaded the free version of Malwarebytes.

I ran the program and it identified over 1,400 errors.

I ran the fix program and received a message saying that the first 50 errors were fixed however if I wanted the balance fixed I would have to purchase the software.

Has anyone experienced this before. I'm not sure why it stopped at 50.

Help me if you can.

Thank you.

Jim

Welcome aboard

Please, complete all steps listed here: https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/
Make sure, you PASTE all logs. If some log exceeds 50,000 characters post limit, split it between couple of replies.
Attached logs won't be reviewed.

Please, observe following rules:
  • Read all of my instructions very carefully. Your mistakes during cleaning process may have very serious consequences, like unbootable computer.
  • If you're stuck, or you're not sure about certain step, always ask before doing anything else.
  • Please refrain from running any tools, fixes or applying any changes to your computer other than those I suggest.
  • Never run more than one scan at a time.
  • Keep updating me regarding your computer behavior, good, or bad.
  • The cleaning process, once started, has to be completed. Even if your computer appears to act better, it may still be infected. Once the computer is totally clean, I'll certainly let you know.
  • If you leave the topic without explanation in the middle of a cleaning process, you may not be eligible to receive any more help in malware removal forum.
  • I close my topics if you have not replied in 5 days. If you need more time, simply let me know. If I closed your topic and you need it to be reopened, simply PM me.

=================================

Are you sure you downloaded Malwarebytes?

I'll double check when I get home in a few hours. My IT guy at work asked the same question.

I thought I did, but...............

Broni, on Friday I checked and it does look like I downloaded something other than Malwarebytes, so I downloaded again and ran the program and it did fix all the errors it identified.

I still have some issues with add ons, pop ups etc but it seems like they are mostly evident when I use Mozilla Firefox as my browser. When I log into Mozilla, on certain websites (newspapers) I get a lot of "Related sites" information popping up on the left vertical side of the page. I also get advertising popping up on the horizontal bottom of the page. I can clear them by clicking the "x" but it is an annoyance and when I change pages they pop up again. I've got a lot of "search engines' in my toolbar when I use Mozilla. When I use Internet Explorer I don't have these problems.

Would it make sense for me to uninstall my Mozilla and the reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back