Malwarebytes Free Update without using new version

Is it possible to keep the Free scan updated if you do not sign up for the new version?

Each new attempt to update after choosing "Later" rather than "OK", is rejected as "Cannot access Update Server".

You would need to ask the folks at Malwarebytes. My guess would be no. I mean if I was going to change how my product was delivered to the public, I'd try to invalidate the old as soon as possible (especially if that old version was free).

No, I run the free version, but they keep asking me to update to version 3 which comes without the stand-alone MB Anti-Exploit (which I want to keep). The version I have will no longer update.

I guess I'm a bit confused then, I have the latest free version, 3, but have never been asked/offered to update .
I used that other link in hopes you meant this "Seems like you can opt out of it in Settings > My Account > Deactivate Premium Trial button > Stay Downgraded when the pop-up asks :confused:".
If that still is not what you mean, perhaps do as @cliffordcooley suggests :) Good luck.

Thanks both.
It what wants me to update to Version 3, which as I would do, but it means losing the stand-alone Anti-Exploit add-on.
I am just hoping that my present Version 2 will still update - I will try again tomorrow.

Back