Managing A Digital Movie Collection

By Punkid
Apr 28, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i dont know if i am in the correct section of the forum or not....

But i want to know if theres any way/software that can manage my movie collection...i have almost a 100 movies in avi/mkv format...i want them to have cover art and titles, actors etc info when i view them in Windows Media Centre...
  2. jtickner1

jtickner1 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 663

I like to use the Windows Media Center plug-in MediaBrowser with MetaBrowser for all the meta data (covers, actors, reviews etc. etc)

It's fairly straight forward but let me know if you need a hand with anything.
  3. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 543

thanks man but i found something else, which i believe to be one the the awesomest software ever :p , XBMC , 10 times better than WMC and gets all the artwork , info , plot ,cast etc and its smooth and sexy
  4. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,271   +257

Too bad you don't have a Mac - if you did I'd highly recommend plexapp.com - check out some youtube vids of it - it's a fork of XBMC.
  5. Punkid

Punkid TechSpot Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 543

y is it bad i dont have a mac? i still have the same software on a PC
  6. Vicbowling

Vicbowling Banned

I haven't tried out XBMC, but that sounds like it would be very handy. I'm using a program called Media Universe to organize my videos but XBMC sounds better. Thanks. Here's a great high speed internet fax service too.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.