TechSpot

Managing multiple hdds

By militant524
Jun 17, 2009
  1. I'm currently in the process of building a new pc with multiple hdds and am uncertain as to my options for which type of raid configurations are available. What i would like to do is have 1 wd velociraptor for my os and programs, 2 hdds for data (striped), and 1 hdd to mirror the three other drives. First, is this possible? Second, is this an efficient config or is there a better way?

2. LinkedKube

LinkedKube TechSpot Project Baby Posts: 4,266   +42

1. Yes its possible, look in the manual for your motherboard, should be able to do this with most newer mobos, if you bought a prebuilt you may have to google the board.

All the things you listed above are possible, but may require a disk drive(floppy that is) or downloading files on to a flash drive to do.

3. militant524

militant524 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the info. Its a custom build using Gigabyte X58-UD4P. Not quite a rampage 2 extreme ;) but it should still scream pretty good. Just want to try and maximize drive performance by using smaller hdds.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.