mapMonkeys asked to test Modern Warfare 3 multiplayer

By Emil
Jul 13, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Infinity Ward has temporarily employed mapMonkeys, a group which describes itself as "a community of gamers who have become infatuated with discovering and sharing glitches, exploits, tricks, and strategies," to…

Read the whole story
  2. example1013

example1013 TS Enthusiast Posts: 265

Activision: We'll give you $5,000 to come QA test this.

mapMonkeys: Man, we're about finding and sharing these, not getting them fixed.

Activision: $20,000

mapMonkeys: So when are we leaving again?
  3. Breaking news Activision fires all in house Q&A testers for "breach of contract"
  4. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,550   +594

I think developers need to do more of this. The release of buggy games over the last 10 years has been ridiculous. And the bugs are for the most part stuff an average player would experience. It's really bizarre how or why their own internal Q&A people don't catch the bugs that are blatantly obvious to users an hour after release.

So let's let the average, everyday users do the testing.
  5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,587   +278

There would be a lot of things I'd report to them if testing but I don't think I could classify any of them as bugs/glitches.
  6. edison5do

edison5do TS Rookie Posts: 231

Jajajaja Nice One Then!
  7. There have and will always be KS bugs. KS stands for known shippable bugs. The game industry has been using this term for a very long time. Some will get fixed after the game comes out but others liekly wont ever get fixed.
  8. LOL, watch what happens when this game is released. No doubt it be 2 out of 5 stars on Amazon from whiny little fps kids. It be like OMG it sucks!, Activision blows!, I can't run it!, ect ect.
  9. blimp01

blimp01 TS Enthusiast Posts: 144

Haha I hope the testers are seriously good at strafe jumping and glitching
  10. Rasta211

Rasta211 TS Booster Posts: 209   +30

good move. Get people who actually enjoy finding these things even when they were doing it for free. I like the direction this is heading.
  11. HangFire

HangFire TS Rookie

And I wager that 1 week after release, all the usual wallhacks and cheats come out from all the usual sources, because IW STILL hasn't revamped the underlying engine.