Marvell unveils Plug Computer 3.0 with Wi-Fi, hard drive

By Matthew
Jan 6, 2010
  1. Marvell has officially revealed the Plug Computer 3.0, an ultra-small, always-on, always-connected system capable of handling basic computing tasks. Powered by the 2GHz Marvell Armada 300 processor, the Plug Computer 3.0 features embedded Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, a storage drive, and is compatible with multiple Linux 2.6 kernel distributions.

Read the whole story
  2. Richy2k9

Richy2k9 TS Enthusiast Posts: 515

hello ...

this is interesting, small & low power consumption ...

where can we get this!?

3. Vrmithrax

Vrmithrax TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,285   +238

Very nice, an upgraded SheevaPlug... I was thinking about a SheevaPlug to use as a dedicated Ventrilo chat client, using a USB headset and StealthSwitch II for the push-to-talk function. This looks like it would be a little more robust, and I could use one of my old Bluetooth headsets. Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Wonder if it could be used as a dedicated always-on Skype client?

OUTLAWXXX TS Rookie Posts: 51

THAT was the FIRST thought that came to my head was to use this for skype, would have multimedia on there too for streaming but that would be PERFECT for skype.
  5. its important that its a floating point cpu or not because without transcoding is impossible and scaling pictures is very slow
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.