Mass Effect 2 loading screen stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.

superTramp92

The loading screen for mass effect 2 keeps stuttering even though i set all graphics options at lowest settings (including in game graphics options and options specific to my graphics card). I disabled my audio drivers and even set the mass effect 2 process to high priority in the task manager (which helped a little but not much). In game runs (for the most part) perfect except for the occasional stutter when entering different rooms. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-------------------------------------------
MSI 790GX-G65
2 x 1 GB DDR3 Ram
500GB HD 7200 RPM
Phenom II x 3 2.8 GHz
EAH5870 (Asus 5870 Graphics Card)
Windows 7 x64
--------------------------------------------
Mass effect 2 downloaded from steam.

does this happen in other games or just ME2. your 5870 will handle any game. i have been playing ME2 for the past two weeks and haven't had any problems

It seems to only happen in ME2. I'm wondering if it may be the video drivers, but i updated all the drivers to the latest ones available from asus. And to re-iterate, it's the loading screen that stutters. it's almost as if the loading screen video is buffering before it's starts playing normally.

i installed the 10.1 suite and appreciate your taking the time to do this, but the problem still persists. I thought that the loading screen is just a simple video that is played while the environment is being rendered so i tried tweaking the video settings for my graphics card but that failed too. i'm going to try updating physx app. for that was installed by the ME2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back