TechSpot

Mass Effect 2 loading screen stuttering

By superTramp92
Feb 9, 2010
  1. The loading screen for mass effect 2 keeps stuttering even though i set all graphics options at lowest settings (including in game graphics options and options specific to my graphics card). I disabled my audio drivers and even set the mass effect 2 process to high priority in the task manager (which helped a little but not much). In game runs (for the most part) perfect except for the occasional stutter when entering different rooms. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

-------------------------------------------
    MSI 790GX-G65
    2 x 1 GB DDR3 Ram
    500GB HD 7200 RPM
    Phenom II x 3 2.8 GHz
    EAH5870 (Asus 5870 Graphics Card)
    Windows 7 x64
    --------------------------------------------
    Mass effect 2 downloaded from steam.

2. dustin_ds3000

dustin_ds3000 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 869   +8

does this happen in other games or just ME2. your 5870 will handle any game. i have been playing ME2 for the past two weeks and haven't had any problems

3. superTramp92

superTramp92 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

It seems to only happen in ME2. I'm wondering if it may be the video drivers, but i updated all the drivers to the latest ones available from asus. And to re-iterate, it's the loading screen that stutters. it's almost as if the loading screen video is buffering before it's starts playing normally.

4. dustin_ds3000

5. superTramp92

i installed the 10.1 suite and appreciate your taking the time to do this, but the problem still persists. I thought that the loading screen is just a simple video that is played while the environment is being rendered so i tried tweaking the video settings for my graphics card but that failed too. i'm going to try updating physx app. for that was installed by the ME2.

6. dustin_ds3000

7. superTramp92

wow this post is covering exactly what i need thanks.

8. dustin_ds3000

BioWare has released a patch for ME2, here it is ME2 Patch 1.01. Hopefully this fixes your problem

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.