master to slave virus transfer????

By bigbrat41
Jul 15, 2005
  1. I have multiple HDD available and am trying to find the most "virus proof" (if one becomes infected another Clean drive will still be available) method of utilizing these drives. I have just recently had a slave/master setup and wondered about virus movement from one to the other (master would be the only one to have internet acess)???
    As i set down to do this , it occured to me to ask about virus movement across a Partition also???
    Even with Norton AV (previously) and now Panda Internet Security ,viruses have snuck in on my unit and cost me hours to get debugged. I am looking for a method for the above,if one gets fragged, I have another available so that i can continue (particularly) internet use to find a solution.
    I hope this is all clear and that someone can help.
    thank you
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Viruses don't move from one partition or hard disk to another. Viruses propagate though files (some anciant ones use bootsectors). If your Windows sees a disk and can write on it then a virus can go there. So the safest solution would be a drive that Windows cannot see or use.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.