Mastering Gmail Search

Julio Franco

Staff member
Nice. Such massive tools to help make email useful. Would love to know if similar exists for competing solutions?

Good to know that Microsoft Hotmail was a slow-learner, that might (?) have been woken by Google. Is Microsoft still a stunted slow-learner? Yahoo, etc?

The search suggestions above - do they work generally? My other email accounts might be my ISP, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc ....

The suggestions you offer sometimes work, for me on other services: eBay, YouTube, Amazon, CraigsList, etc. Are there any "universal" add-ons that work for all search engines?

Sometimes I just want partial search-terms. "winter*" might cover Winter, winterize, etc. Is there a way to do this.

The one url you gave us included:
> has:yellow-star
> has: blue-info

This seems unclear to me. Is the "[space]" after ":" needed all the time, or not?

Gmail search - LOL, I just want to easily delete all my Gmails as this is my "junk" account.

I dislike Gmail, too 'messy' in my opinion .
Outlook Express was a simple, straight-forward email program favored by many, and fortunately a clone of Outlook Express Classic appeared some time ago and has regular, positive upgrades.
The program, as with Google and others, can be simply configured to collect mail from other email programs, Google, Outlook.live, Yahoo, GMX and others.

Mozilla Thunderbird is much like the archaic Outlook Express and makes searching directly visible when viewing the inbox or any folder by placing it in the window frame. The filter search makes the context {Sender, Recipients, Subject, Body} directly accessible for complex term, eg subject(the topic) sender(joe doe) body(terms & conditions

Back