Matchstick open source HDMI streaming stick runs Firefox OS, beats Chromecast on price

By Shawn Knight
Sep 30, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Streaming media dongles are a dime a dozen these days. Google's Chromecast was the first on the block but since then, we've seen a number of different devices from major players like Microsoft and Roku. None, however, have been able to...

Read more
  2. Yes,will buy one just to stick it to Google
  3. Shame it is a Chromecast with less features. I don't want to have video playing on my device and my TV at the same time.
    MonsterZero likes this.
  4. MonsterZero

MonsterZero TS Addict Posts: 202   +64

I have a feeling this is not as good as chromecast. For $10 more just go chromecast and be done with it.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

Sure. But these are a few guys that created something that does the same thing, is at a lower cost, and is completely open source - so the potential for this is essentially limitless.

I understand you point. But my point is, when people like "us" start complaining about something that is trying to be better, and has the potential to be better than something else.. when we start complaining about that... we have failed as tech enthusiasts. We should be supportive of people trying to break what is currently accepted as 'good enough' or 'as good as it will ever be'.