Max Payne 3 scheduled for March 2012, trailer due next week

By Shawn Knight
Sep 9, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Rockstar Games has announced that the third installment in the Max Payne third-person shooter series will launch in March 2012 for PC, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360. The new titleā€¦

Read the whole story
  2. thewind

thewind Newcomer, in training Posts: 65

I loved the first two games and hopefully the third will be as good. But I'm not sure, I'm kinda skeptical about it... only time will tell.
  3. i m a big an of Max Payne...and after so many delays.. release in March 2012... is tooooo long... i m desperately awaiting the release..........
  4. SKYSTAR

SKYSTAR TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 250

i love max payne series i cant wait to play the third edition
  5. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,329   +377

Loved the first two Max Paynes. Hopefully this one will keep up the tradition.
  6. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 389   +35

Same as the others... first two were great, can't wait for this one. I hope to see the same level of attention to detail with regards to visuals and mechanics as there were in the first two.
  7. Benny26

Benny26 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,575   +47

The original was one of the best games for story ever made, in my opinion. I read somewhere that Max 3 won't have the guy who did Max's voice in the original and the second...which is a shame.
  8. blimp01

blimp01 TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 157

the story of the first 2 got me so pumped up for the third ... but then they took 10 years
  9. SammyJames

SammyJames TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 168

Why couldn't Rockstar have bought the rights to Hitman, ensure that David Bateson would be re-hired, and make THAT franchise worthy of some real attention.

As it stands, I'm more interested in Max Payne now than I ever was in SA and all of that. I still love SA and Contracts -- but the rest of the series have gone down-hill -- Blood Money was okay -- but I wanted for Bateson to reprise his role.

Ah well. You can't win them all, I guess. For me, this means that I won't win anything anymore. I stopped playing video games this year, after getting through Liberty City Stories in about 72 hours total, and learnng that Eidos had sent Bateson packing.

Have fun, and let us all know if it's worth it to continue playing these types of games -- especially with the release of MP3.

- S

And to clarify my last comment -- Bateson WAS in Blood Money. His acting was stellar as always. It was the story that I hated. And the new one -- Absolution? Don't even get me started.

Bunch of hack noob dilletan

- S
  10. I hope they manage to bring back the original voice at least. I heard there was going to be a new guy doing his voice.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.