Maxtor SATA installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a maxtor 300gig SATA drive. After installing it in my PC (secondary SATA). I booted the PC and installed MAXblast 3.6.1. It installed properly, but when I ran it I got the following error message:

"MaxBlast 3 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

AppName: maxblast3.exe AppVer: 1.0.1.0 ModName: odidev.dll
ModVer: 1.0.1.1 Offset: 00001444

All I am trying to do is format the drive to use to backup photos.

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks....

Dave

Trash the Maxblast software

I just read in another forum that the Maxblast software is not necessary and only needed to boot from a floppy. The drive can be formatted in the OS.

Hey I just had the same problem with my brand new 120 gig HDD I was trying to put in as a secondary. Now i dont know if you have the anwser or not but if someone else sees this it will hopefully help them too. Max blast is completely useless in this process so I just uninstalled it and went on with my day. To make this drive work you are going to need to format. Dgower2 was right you can just format this drive right from the OS. go to your My Computer icon and RIGHT CLICK, go to Manage. From here click the Disk Management link under Storage. You should see the HD that you already have working (C: or whatever yours is called) Then go to the bottom of the window u will see Disk 0 and Disk 1 the drive u are trying to format is Disk 1 u will notice it has a black bar above it. Right click and go to Partition. It will ask you if you want a primary partition extended or logical. From here on it is up to you. size etc. if you dont know wether u want to partition as primary the first time you do. It gives you a description of each tho. Hope this helps. cya

P.S. It will take a looong time to partition the drive so sit back and relax.

S70P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back