Measuring temp of PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recommend? Sure, good program? No.

The only temp program I've ever had much confidence in was Asus PC Probe way back when it was an old simple version rather than whatever the mess they have now is, and you sort of need an Asus board for that.

Speedfan seems to be a popular recommendation, and I'll admit I've used it, but I've never felt very confident in its results. And if you don't use some critical thinking you'll see what it reports and get paranoid and post back here asking if your system is really running at 125C.

You can run components very hot, and while that may shorten their life span, you are shortening it from something like 10 years down to 5-7, and chances are you won't even be using those components in 3. So I wouldn't worry about temps at all unless you are expierincing issues with stability.

Yeah, I used to have Asus probe and I do have an Asus MB; might try the "mess" you were referring... and I couldn't agree more about the life spans of components since new pc becomes outdated in 3 to 4 months. Thanks for the advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back