Medal of Honor: Won't Install!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I just bought this: MOH Pacific Assault.
Installer runs fine. Disc 1 completes, asks for Disc 2 to find file "data3.cab" Correct path is there, but cannot find file. I've tried all 4 discs, but nothing. Installer will not continue.

Anyone have any idea what's up with this?

Win98SE, all minimum specs met.

Thanks!!!
Jrd

Win 98se??? I didn't think anyone was still running that old dinosaur!!!!!!!!

Hi,
Thanks for the help. I'm running MOH Allied Assault no problem. EA recommends Win2000/XP but listed 98,ME as well. But, you still think this is the issue?

MOHAA should run fine and so should Spearhead, Unless you can get Win2000 cheap id wait until Win Vista is out (which shouldnt be long now)

Here's something to consider. When Vista comes out, how sure are we that all of today's games will run under it? MOHAA runs under Win2000, XP and maybe even 98SE but Vista? Who knows. When Windows XP came out, many games that ran fine under older OS', didn't do so well under XP. Maybe the same will happen with Vista.

The way I plan to deal with it is to build an all new Vista/DX10 machine instead of upgrading my current one. That way games can run on one or the other whichever runs it best. I won't be building that Vista PC until I have a good reason to though. Depends on what games come out, I guess.

I understand what your saying but there is a file i found on here which allows you to play game which wouldnt work on XP, like i installed Swat 2. So hopefully someone makes 1 of these files again or windows fixes us up with something!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back