TechSpot

Media Center Extender Display not the same on second TV

By Drdave
May 24, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just installed the Linksys Media Center Extender
    DMA2100..My media center is Windows 7 OS.

My question. Is their a reason why Netflix and internet TV are not part of the menu displayed from the extender to my second TV ? I thought everything that"s on the main computer would be displayed. Is their a setting I over looked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about.

However, if its what I think it is, there is a "main screen" and a "secondary screen". Your second TV is probably just an extension, so it wouldn't show unless you drag your menus from first screen to second.
  3. Drdave

Drdave TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 25

I sorry I didn't explain this better.This is a Windows media center extender made by Linksys.
    When I open windows media center on the extender it comes up with the normal display except it does not give the Netflix and internet TV choices, which I have on the main computer display.From what I can tell it has everything else.I wasn't sure if it is a copywrite issue that prevents this.I thought the Xbox used as an extender gave you all the same as the main computer.That's why I wondered if I could change a setting to give me everything.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.