TechSpot

Media player error help

By sxmccall
Mar 11, 2009
  1. I upgraded to win player 11 and now when i try to burn a cd it gives this error message and when i click on the link it says to make sure the cd is clean or insert another type of cd. When I had win 10 it burned fine. So is it the win player not communicating or what? I can play songs in the window and sync from the sync tab but it want burn cds any ideas or solutions? If I go back to 10 will I loose any songs?

2. Bobbye

Bobbye Helper on the Fringe Posts: 16,335   +36

The simplest troubleshooting start is to try a diffferent CD for burning. Bad CDs do get through sometimes.

What link are you referring to? You don't have to click on a link-usually-to view an error message.

If you're using Windows XP, use the Event Viewer and see if there is an Error Event that corresponds to the time of the error message:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
    Please ignore Warnings and Information Events. You do not need to include the lines of code-if any- in the box below the Description. Please don't paste the entire log.

EDIT: the Event Viewer can also be used in Vista but the path and copy is different.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.