Media player error help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I upgraded to win player 11 and now when i try to burn a cd it gives this error message and when i click on the link it says to make sure the cd is clean or insert another type of cd. When I had win 10 it burned fine. So is it the win player not communicating or what? I can play songs in the window and sync from the sync tab but it want burn cds any ideas or solutions? If I go back to 10 will I loose any songs?

The simplest troubleshooting start is to try a diffferent CD for burning. Bad CDs do get through sometimes.

when i try to burn a cd it gives this error message and when i click on the link it says to make sure the cd is clean or insert another type of cd.
What link are you referring to? You don't have to click on a link-usually-to view an error message.

If you're using Windows XP, use the Event Viewer and see if there is an Error Event that corresponds to the time of the error message:

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:
1. Click to open the log>
2. Look for the Error>
3 .Right click on the Error> Properties>
4. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow
5. Paste here (Ctrl V)
Please ignore Warnings and Information Events. You do not need to include the lines of code-if any- in the box below the Description. Please don't paste the entire log.

EDIT: the Event Viewer can also be used in Vista but the path and copy is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back