media player on lan

Status
Not open for further replies.

triiifashions

i have two desktops and a laptop all on lan and i was wondering when they are all turned on if there is a way to have the same media player on all computers at the same time so the same song plays on all and the visuals work in unison???????????

Why would you want to do this? Do you have too much time on your hands? I don't think this will work anyway

for parties and gettogethers computers are for more than making web pages and adding up the bills use your imagination jeeeeeese any one else that has some good advise???

triiifashions said:
for parties and gettogethers computers are for more than making web pages and adding up the bills use your imagination jeeeeeese any one else that has some good advise???

Just hook one of the computers up to a large hi-definition TV and that can work for parties just as well... Jeeeeeese!

I get it, but you don't... it's possible with desktop computers but it's not so easy with laptops

If your computers aren't that far away from each other, why not just buy an FM transmitter and use the stereos in your house? That's the easiest way to get stuff like Winamp, etc. to play throughout the whole house.

Or I guess if you REALLY wanted to you could set up a webradio server through one computer and use the others to connect to it -- that way each computer would get the same sound as the server. Use the same graphics plug-in for whatever software you have and you'll have "close enough" visuals.

As far as I know, short of saving the same playlist on all the LAN computers and just running them individually, there's not much else you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back