Media value: Apple and Google down, Microsoft and Yahoo up

By Emil
Jan 28, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Long Island, New York-based General Sentiment has issued a report for "media value" in Q4 2010, saying that the net loss was nearly $460 million. The company took the total number of news stories, social media mentions, and tweets about major companies over the course of the last quarter, rated each hit for its impact and value (positive, neutral, or negative) and calculated what it would cost to generate the equivalent buzz if a public relations firm was hired to do it.

Read the whole story
  2. jimmyfal

jimmyfal Newcomer, in training

Your headline reminds me of the National Enquirer. Apple and Google are down, yet still miles ahead of Microsoft. Stop whoring for readers. I'll think twice about clicking next time.
    I already know your response. "No you won't"
    OK, then how about i make it a point to NEVER click on an ad. Good enough?
  3. madboyv1

madboyv1 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 948   +45

Hardly "miles", maybe a few blocks ahead (though enough to make a difference). Besides failing to be inflammatory, is there a point you're trying to make? =p
  4. motrin

motrin TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 155   +8

there is an "i" missing in between the A and the L. where its missing, i'll let you decide.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.