Medion MD 2804 - FID 2060++ Notebook Bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello at all,

my second posting and istantly an urgent one ;)
I am owner of this Notebook: Medion MD 2804 - FID 2060++
Yesterday I made a bios update, downloaded the original(!) Medion update file
from medion.de. After writing the files on CD-RW (with verify) I started the update procedure in neat DOS mode.
The "f.bat" file did start the flash update without any question or backup of the original flash bios.

Then after a successful update with green requester, I turned the NB off and back on... and get nothing but a black screen! The only thing what is running is the green power LED and both fan, nothing else.

Do anyone have this notebook as well? If this is the case, could one please make a bios backup for me? Would be very nice !
The bios file can be read out like this:
Code:
phlash16 /bu biosok.rom
I would be very happy about some help :)

Thanks ahead
Sascha

well, this is bad situation. you need to reflash the bios chip using external programmer. and you before this, you need to unsolder it.

Hi, thank you for the infos. I already unsolder the bios chip and placed in a socket for testing and removing.
I download This bios file but the problem is: the containing ROM image is too big! It is 514kb in size and the flash rom (SST49LF040) has 512kb capactiy.
Therefor i need a backuped bios out of a working notebook.

Problem is further that the wrong flashing process could have overwritten the VGA Bios inside the nVidia Chip. If there is an additional Bios inside the Graphics processor... I heared about something...

This is all a bit frustrating because the ORIGINAL Medion flash tool did this damage! After 100% ok flashing (as the tools said) the notebook does not start any more.

boing4000, don't worry about the size. just cut rest of the image file from the end of file to fit to 524288 bytes and flash it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back