Medion scanner/driver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xfactor

HI, I was wondering if someone could help with a scanner driver.

Its a Medion MD 5345 for WinXP.

I appreciate any link you may find or may have. TX in advance.

Thankyou Kim, the driver was successful, via device manager. Thumbs up!

Onto the next phase.(troubleshooting)

Control panel

Double clicking imaging device>wizard/next>preview

Error message

"an error occured during preview. If the scanner is being used, please wait for it to complete the task, then click preview.

Note:Completes diagnostic test on the properties tab

2)From the system tray,(USB Scanner on-line) the other interface pops-up.(USB scanner)

Preview button> Gives the error message>

"Please verify that you have unlocked scanner hardware.etc"

Is of no effect!!!

Have also tried with VueScan software, but no luck there either.

Any suggestions. You can actually hear the scanner when clicking the preview.

Yes I have an actual picture on the scanning bed..lol

Thanks for the excellent reply with pics. Thumbs up -> :grinthumb (we have smilies for that :) )

Ironically I'm working on a similar issue here : https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116442&highlight=scanner

But I've just had this thought, that maybe it's the Firewall settings :confused:
If you have a 3rd party firewall (or another live protecting program) please test the scanner by first disabling this (usually right click on the tray item)

Ideally read that other thread too (we might get both at the same time ;) )

Thanks for the excellent reply with pics. Thumbs up -> :grinthumb (we have smilies for that :) )

Ironically I'm working on a similar issue here : https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?t=116442&highlight=scanner

But I've just had this thought, that maybe it's the Firewall settings :confused:
If you have a 3rd party firewall (or another live protecting program) please test the scanner by first disabling this (usually right click on the tray item)

Ideally read that other thread too (we might get both at the same time ;) )

Well...If definitely seems like some kinda of firewall. I've checked live 1 care, and there nothing blocked. And unless mistaken, 1 care over-rides Windows fire-wall, so ive eliminated this as the culprit.(about 90% sure)

I also have a all-n-one printer,(Z82) that done the same thing. So I can pretty much eliminate my stand alone, flat bed scanner as being defective.(about 91% sure) Yes I disconnected everything, so I know its not a conflict.

Ive also tried all four of my ports. 3of4 pass diagnostic test.

The one thing, that gets me is why in the Control Panel>Scanners and Cameras>Lefthand pane/add imaging device. My scanner Medion, is not listed?

2hx3exu.jpg

I believe it has something to do with the ports. For example, perhaps my Driver port, isnt matching my hardware port. Ive attached an image for the properties, of my imaging device.

Im stumped!

Well that's the Scanner Hardware Window
I wonder what Deice Manager is reporting?

Start->Run-> Devmgmt.msc

Under "Imaging Devices"
Right click on your scanner (from expanding the + sign on "Imaging Devices")
Then left click on Properties
Are there any issues reported?

No issues here, with this device, in this part of the woods.

Hmmmmmm, I'm gonna try booting down for a few minutes, unpluging everything and see what happens. If that dont work, I'll guess I'll just keep trying. Gonna retry the help and support. Thanks again.

Have tried, unplugging, disconnecting and powering down everything PC(5m) but to no avail.

The only thing I can think of, is a hardware problem, or a problem with the driver. (I do get the warning that the driver hasnt passed the Windows logo compatibility list)

If and when I figure out something, Ill be sure and update this thread. Thanks for the help:grinthumb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back