Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom granted bail

By Leeky
Feb 22, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. The founder of file-sharing website MegaUpload, Kim Dotcom, was released on bail in New Zealand today after the court was satisfied the police had seized his personal fortune in order…

Read the whole story
  2. all this stuff seems fishy...seems that he is going to be sacrificed in front of all the world ensuring that no one will do the same ever again, and no one can change the rules of the way that the USA goverment rules the world.
  3. Mindwraith

Mindwraith TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 186

i really can't stand this guy.
  4. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,581   +863

This news to be followed by a sudden rise in stolen Ascot ties as "Dotcom" tries to rebuild his fortune...:rolleyes:
  5. Tygerstrike

Tygerstrike TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 827   +93

@ Guest 9:59
    The US was only 1 of MANY countries who were involved in the investigation. Canada and Germany were just 2 off the top of my head. You cant sit there and make such a generic comment about the US ruleing the world. US may have spearheaded the investigation but other countries agreed with the indictment. You can call it ruleing the world, but the world seemed to agree that what Mr. .Com was doing was illegal. In fact the file sharing was only a small part of what he was arrested for. He had many other charges filed against him.
    Maybe read a bit more...........
  6. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 962   +98

Any sources, I though it was only US and New Zealand involved, but then again I didn't read into it that much ^^ Also no BBC, mainstream media always spins the truth and adjusts it.
  7. even with other countries involved on this...its weird that this comes the next day after left the SOPA without spoon...and its about the copyright thing and music that the companies fear....the ilegality of this guy its one thing but the FBI act involves the whole world itself so....why is so important this dot com guy? i mean, he is not osama bin laden or the next hitler , they dont they need less acts than showing off to make him pay, this is about money and corporations its like digital petroleum
  8. Marnomancer

Marnomancer TechSpot Booster Posts: 808   +51

I wouldn't be surprised if we get another news of retaliation by a group of Anonymous Hacktivists.. :haha:
  9. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 807   +91

Sweet. Hopefully he gets back number 1 spot in mw3 sometime this year lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.