Memman.vxd and Crypt.NVW removed but system stil a bit slow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

AVG flagged crypt.VNW and sent it to quarantine, this caused me to run the 8 step process. Malwarebytes found a memman.vxd issue.

Ran the 8 step process and came up with the following logs.

System is
AMD Athlon XP 2100
1 gig ram
W2K - SP 4
Running Opera but switching to Firefox soon
No firewall right now but looking for a free one that will run on W2K.

I think that I have these issues fixed but as many do, I just seem to feel that the system is running slow. You know, just slow enough to make a dude question the speed. W2K starts slow and drags till I get the login screen, then once logged in, icons take a bit of time to populate the desktop.

Any thoughts would help. Since I think that I have the infections fixed, this is more of an "if you have time" than some type of emergency.

Thanks for the great site folks.
gearhead~

Attachments

• mbam-log-2010-01-30 (23-00-13).txt
    1.1 KB · Views: 1
  • SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log - 01-30-2010 - 23-32-05.log
    893 bytes · Views: 1
  • hijackthis.log
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
  • AVG log 2010-01-29.txt
    257 bytes · Views: 0
For starters you can try comodo firewall its free and pretty damn good at what it does (I hope it will work on win2k).

Also erase all your temporary internet files etc.

Can you check which of the running tasks may be taking most the CPU time/ RAM? You can do so by opening task manager;

Comodo is noted on the download page as running on W7, vista and xp. I did try to download it hoping that it would run but there were missing DLL files. And the DLL was something from XP so I figured that it was designed to run on something higher than w2k.

I had tried Zonealarm a while back and had issues with random blocking of the internet so I pulled it. Maybe I will try it again.

Thanks
gh~

Hmm Outpost is good too, try searching for OutPost free; problem is win2k is such an old OS ....

here is the link though.

Well the site lists
System Requirements as:
Windows 2000/XP/Vista
500 MHz or faster
30 Mb HardDisk
256 Mb RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back