Memory dumps

Kijana

Hi guys, I have attached several minidumps which I need someone to help me.

The machine is Mecer Xpression laptop, model W76T. Running Win 7 Ultimate.

Thanks

Attachments

• 101711-15100-01.dmp
    128 KB · Views: 1
  • 101811-15787-01.dmp
    142.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 102011-16099-01.dmp
  • 102111-15802-01.dmp
Your issue is with memory corruption. Therefore you’ll need to run Memtest on your RAM.

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version which is 4.20. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

There is a Tutorial: How to use Memtest in our Guides and Tutorials forum; follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes (not hours; this test is not measured by hours); the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 – Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don’t need to run the test any further on that stick.

* Get back to us with the results.

There were no errors after running 9 passes. I want to run Memtest overnight and see if anything will come up.

Since Memtest shows no errors then find the voltage specs of your RAM and compare it to the voltage setting in your BIOS. Do they match?

Is anything overclocked?

How are the system temps?

I was able to run Memtest for 17 passes taking approximately 12hrs and there were no errors.
Unfortunately, I was unable to access RAM settings in the bios setup, therefore, I have the figures displayed by Memtest as follows:
332mhz (DDR664) / CAS: 5-5-5-15 / Single Channel.
Slot 0: 2048 MB DDR2-400.
I also have snapshots of CPU-Z that I have attached for comparison. I hope they will help.
Thank you.

Attachments

• cpu-z_snapshot_1.jpg
    cpu-z_snapshot_1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 1
  • cpu-z_snapshot_2.jpg
    cpu-z_snapshot_2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1
If it is possible please link us to the memory that is installed.

Is your memory the same kind in make, voltage requirements, and timings?

the memory stick has a sticker labelled:
ASint DDRII 2GB-800.
I searched for the part no. indicated on the CPU-Z analysis and the specs matched the label on the module.

Your previous post has it listed as 664 (667?) but your most recent post has it listed as 800. Something is off. Why could you not access the BIOS? Is it locked?

I got the first figure from the Memtest Window i.e DDR664 and the second figure (DDR800) from a sticker that is on the memory module.

The reason I could not access the BIOS was because the machine is a laptop and the only information that the BIOS does give is the capacity only i.e 2048MB and the information is read-only.

Back