Memory failing?

By bloodysin01
May 23, 2010
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello and thanks for your time. I've got a relatively out of date computer that runs most current games with little trouble. Recently ive been experiencing freezing while running some high memory use applications. ( well higher than it would be normally) It has occurred 3 times now over the past few weeks. Twice while messing around on world of warcraft, once while playing modern warfare 2. This computer is using the following: vista service pack 2 32 bit,intel core 2 duo 2.33 ghz, 2 gigs of ram, nvidia 8800 gts, I am not tremendously computer literate so have patience for my ignorance regarding certain issues.
  2. Route44

Route44 TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 12,109   +21

Open up your case and check for dust. Dust builds up heat and heat will cause the issues you speak of. Let us know what you find.
  3. bloodysin01

bloodysin01 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks for the info. ill clean out the case tomorrow morning. thinking about it, i should have thought of that myself.
  4. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,067   +13

use memtest 86+. Good for checking RAM. Also check your PSU with a tester tool and multimeter. A failing PSU can give errors.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.