Memory Manager issue, Vista X-86

By Neonwolf
Mar 24, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hello TechSpot members, I was wondering if someone here might be able to help me with an issue I've been having for about a month.
    In short, I keep getting a blue screen that says something about "memory manager" and stop with a very long error code.

So I opened task manager and watched it as I messed around doing normal activities such as browsing through youtube and I cought my 'physical memory' spike over 100% usage, and than it dropped back to 20% useage, but it still went to the blue screen for "memory manager"
    I frequantly get a blue screen intalising a memory dump as well.

I have no antivirus currently installed as I tend to crash to the blue screen each time I try to install it (mcafee) I also crash when trying to update my service pack, or download Firefox. I got my computer running in debugging mode once, during this month and had free reign of anything I wished to do during that time, and crashed not once.

I'm going to see if I can run a Disk Defragmentor again, but it usually doesn't get to finish one of those due to my system crashing. I have called Microsoft but their only solution to EVERY problem is "Buy our specailised backup disk for $20" which was their responce to a recent virus I had, that I managed to rid of with the help of my thirtieth tech guy about four months ago. Since than I have did a complete factory reset in order to make sure that was gone and fix minor problems.

Now some specs, according to system information that I belive may help:

Avalible Physical Memory: 1.98 GB
    Total Physical memory: 3,005.88 MB
    Avalible Virtual Memory: 5.02 GB
    Total Virtual Memory: 6.02 GB

Bios Version/Date: Phoenix Tech, LTD 5.27, 6/10/2008
    SMBios version: 2.4

I have a bunch of System Drivers that say they're in "critical" under the error control tab, some say ignore the rest say their normal. But the Status tab says they are all okay, and most of them that say critical or ignore are stopped.

I have 17 "Windows error reporting" too I tried to extract information from them, but they are all quite long and they have too many symbols and nonsense for me to get anything from.

Much thanks to any helpful information or suggestions you guys may be able to give me, I will add the error codes next crash.
  2. Mark56

Mark56 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,889

If you have been running without anti virus software then it is highly likely you have Malware in your system. Judging by the BSOD's you are getting and poor system performance I'd say this is almost a certainty.

Open a new thread in the Malware forum on this site and let the experts help you to clean your machine. I would suggest using Avira anti virus free version from the link below.