Memory Quiestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello all ,
I like to know if differnt brand of memory, makes a differance in the performance OF THE motherboard.
thank you
Jon

jon9989 said:
hello all ,
I like to know if differnt brand of memory, makes a differance in the performance OF THE motherboard.
thank you
Jon

Its not the Motherbord that uses the memory, its the applications you are running, I always prefer to use a branded name over generic, I used to work in a shop selling PC components and the tech repair lads showed me the difference in performance between the brand versus the generic.

Like everything else the more you pay the better you get.

A computer is like a big chain, where every link is only as strong as the weakest one. each component depends on other components to perform at it's best.

Cheap RAM will cause a performance decrease over quality RAM. even if it's a reputible brand, they will still have different quality levels within their own lineup. So if it's high performance you're after, then look not only at brand names but also timing.

Motherboards do perform differently, however they have a minimal effect on performance when compared to other components. generally a more expensive board will use better quality parts, have more features, and provide good support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back