Memory stick reader not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all! I'm new to this forum! I know just enough about computers to make me dangerous. LOL Well, because I don't know a lot about computers I'm constantly running into difficult situations that I have absolutely no idea how to fix. I love my computer but sometimes I want to throw it right out the door!

Today's problem with my computer is downloading pictures from my memory stick.

Something is not working right and I don't know if it's the dazzle reader, the memory stick itself or my computer.

Everything worked fine yesterday except it did hesitate before the pictures started to download.

I've tried 3 different memory sticks that have pictures on them and none of them will load.

I've plugged the dazzle reader into another port and that didn't help.

See what I mean? Don't tell me to read XP for Dummies, I already did! LOL

Can anyone out there tell me just exactly what to do? I don't want to buy a new reader if it isn't needed.

I'm pushing the memory stick in till I feel it connect. Teeth are facing to the right. If put in toward the left, the memory stick doesn't connect.

OK, I'm done. Now your turn. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Thank you and God Bless You,

I've tried 3 different memory sticks that have pictures on them and none of them will load.
That is a good indication the memory stick is not the issue here.

I don't want to buy a new reader if it isn't needed.
Of course not, were not an advertising service, no one pays us :).

I'm pushing the memory stick in till I feel it connect. Teeth are facing to the right. If put in toward the left, the memory stick doesn't connect.
I doubt thats a problem, unless you are doubting your abilities.

How exactly are you downloading your pictures?
Do your memory cards and dazzle reader work on other computers?
If you open up my computer, do you see the memory card showing up?
Press and hold the windows button (between the left ctrl and alt) and press R, a dialog should come up, type in "devmgmt", without quotes and see if your memory card shows up there. Probably under Universal Serial Bus controllers and USB mass storage device.
What operating system do you have, XP, vista, and what service pack?

Take a look at our "Flash drive recovery procedures" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back