Memory upgrade causes pc to crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
My motherboard supports 1GB DDR PC 3200 sticks, with 2 banks for a total of 2GB of memory.
Both banks are working properly, smaller sticks work fine. I have installed each of the sticks separately and they work fine. When both are installed, after about 10 minutes the computer shuts down.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

yes...exactly the same, bought at the same time, each works alone...but with both it just doesnt want to work, i just dont understand this...it should work. But i dont care for emachines anyway....(it is acutally my friends computer)

If the mb bios supports it then try increasing the voltage by the smallest increment possible.
It happens often when you buy new ram for old computers. They just don't work well together or they don't work at all.
The only other thing you can do is replacing the new ram stick with another one. trial and error

My motherboard supports 1GB DDR PC 3200 sticks, with 2 banks for a total of 2GB of memory.
Both banks are working properly, smaller sticks work fine. I have installed each of the sticks separately and they work fine. When both are installed, after about 10 minutes the computer shuts down.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem?

Yes this happen to me. The voltage is different. You need to get the same voltage that your old banks had work with. You could try to go into the BIOS and change the voltage settings but you might damage the RAM. Also if your system doesn't boot with the new RAM then those RAM chips might be DG Dead/Gone. If you install your old RAM in the unit does it boot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back