Memory

circusboy01

I have a buffering problem.Some times it only happens a little, somtimesmore often, and sometimes I have to give up watching all together.It happens mostly when I'm watching a video from Youtube,When I'm watching a TV program on Hulu or streaming a movie from Netflix It never happens when I'm watching from a DVD.
I'm running Lenovo Idea Center. 64 Bit. I have 4 memory slots, only 2 are full with 2048mb each. Would adding 2048mb of memoryto the 2 empty slots fix the buffering problem?.
Is there anything I can do to stop the buffering while I'm saving up money for the new memory?
Can anybody suggest a good online store to get the memory from. Thank you.

Hi, A good clue to this is that you never get buffering while watching DVD's.
That says (to me) that your internet 'bandwidth' (that's data rate in my head) is not quite high enough to keep your movies running without 'buffering';- you don't get the problem with DVD's because your DVD drive is so much faster in data transfer than the speed of your internet service.
So in this case more RAM won't help. But more RAM is never a bad idea.
You can reduce the buffering problem by reducing your playback quality slightly, and/or changing the window size. Neither of these sounds good, but maybe better than the buffering problem? I get the same problem with any quality higher than 360p on YouTube.

Hi, A good clue to this is that you never get buffering while watching DVD's.
That says (to me) that your internet 'bandwidth' (that's data rate in my head) is not quite high enough to keep your movies running without 'buffering';- you don't get the problem with DVD's because your DVD drive is so much faster in data transfer than the speed of your internet service.
So in this case more RAM won't help. But more RAM is never a bad idea.
You can reduce the buffering problem by reducing your playback quality slightly, and/or changing the window size. Neither of these sounds good, but maybe better than the buffering problem? I get the same problem with any quality higher than 360p on YouTube.

Thanks I changed the playback quality to Medium, and that seems to have fixed the buffering problem.
Also. The sound and picture seem every bit as good as before. At least to my eyes and ears. Thanks again.

Back