Memtest Results Help Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacholt

I found that when i tested one of my 2GB sticks i encountered over 1500 errors within the first 3 tests.
Is there any way to resolve these errors .

Help please

If Memtest found errors you can't fix the RAM you have to replace it. So you have to replace that 2gb stick with a new one.
Its bad luck when that happens, when one of my RAM cards went i also found my HDD had gone with it as well

taken from another forum (4gb ram installed are they same brand part#'s? I'd suggest reseating all sticks ram... memtest is about as usefull as pulling fingers.

BSoD's regarding IRQL not less or equal,, is most likely driver conflict, with 64bit OS thats no supprise.. you should find error # after BSoD's IRQL not less or equal .. post error number's)
it is still under warranty so ill get a new one however just want to make sure this is the problem

"IRQL Not Less Or Equal" associated with 0xA errors are caused by Bad Device Drivers, Hardware Faults or Incompatible Software. It is certainly that RAM card that has gone, since its under warranty i would get it replaced

Yes it should be alright for a few days, you will obviously notice quite a difference in performance but it should run well enough.

i am also having the same IRQL-NOT-LESS-OR-EQUAL stop message.
stop: 0X0000000A (OXFF1701FO,OXOOOOOOO2,OXOOOOOOOO, 0X804D9B64)
PLEASE HELP.

Do you have any MiniDumps, normally found here ( Start > My Computer > Local Disk C: > WINDOWS > Minidump ) your MiniDumps should be recorded there if any. If you do have some MiniDumps in that folder then please attach them it helps to find the problem and save you some time.

But to start off with try running Memtest86.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

So you have 2x2Gb Ram sticks -in what?

It is useful to give us the mobo name and version.

Also, while troubleshooting, test 1 stick at a time in slot 1/A.

CCT that is the OP Zacholt who has 2x2Gb RAM sticks his problem is fixed, the person with a problem is gkcomfort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back