Messed with some Windows 10 options and now I want to revert back, how?

Tommygunn

I was messing with some options in Windows 10, thinking it would improve things, and now I have the 'WindowsApps' folder on my E: drive hard disk when it should be on my C: drive SSD as part of the operating system. I cannot access this folder it ('You don't currently have permission to access this folder'), delete it or anything.

Also, I was going post a screen grab of said folder and save it to my 'E' hard disk but now it prevents me from doing even that with the same above message.

I recall I was messing with Apps and where they should be saved etc, something like that, but I can't find my way back to correct the problem.

Can someone steer me in the right direction?

Cheers,
Tom.

Refresh Windows 10 to its default state in a few clicks, keeping your files and settings
If you've been thinking about reinstalling Windows 10 because of stability issues, malware infections, software bloat or some other issue with your system, it may come as great news that Microsoft has built in a simple method of reinstalling the operating system without deleting your user settings or data and without necessarily going through the full process of creating a bootable disk or drive.

The option is called "Reset this PC" which will boot you into a fresh installation of Windows while preserving your documents/files. However do note, your installed programs will be gone (OEM and otherwise).

[snip]

Sorted.
I was in Settings>System>Storage>Change where new content is saved. I've reverted everything back to C:.

Tom.

Back