CPU idle: 28-30 degrees
CPU load: 38-40 degrees
----------------------------------
MoBo idle: 30-32 degrees
MoBo load: 32-35 degrees
----------------------------------
GPU idle: 28-30 degrees
GPU load: 64-66 degrees

so I built myself this PC a few weeks ago, and recently I decided to experiment with overclocking.
Now I have OC'ed my GPU before, but have had no experience with CPU BIOS overclocking.
So, in all my clueless glory I tampered around in my BIOS, and to my surprise my system booted and worked fine with 200MHz OC. However, once I tried pushing it a bit further to 3.7GHz, It didn't want to boot and I had to reset CMOS.
Anyway, just wanted to ask a few questions:

1. Has anyone got any experience overclocking in ASRock UEFI BIOS with an AMD CPU?
2. Does the FX-6100 overclock well? is there anything I should know?
3. Should I bother Overclocking at all?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

You have an unlocked multiplier, are you pushing the front side bus up or are you changing the multiplier to something higher than default?

You have an unlocked multiplier, are you pushing the front side bus up or are you changing the multiplier to something higher than default?
I'm using the autotune feature in the bios, by pushing it up to around 3.6 GHz, and upping the voltage to 1.28. should I just continue doing this in small increments? it seems to be working, however once I hit around 4.0 GHz, I can't boot.
I'll probably record a video of whats going on and youtube it, then link it here to give you guys a better understanding of my follies. :D

Back