Mhz are kind of wierd

By Nemes
Jul 31, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Okay, I bought a dell latitdude D800 from a friend and at first it was 1.6 MHz, 600 MHz, 1gb of ram which is what i wanted. But recently the MHz has changed down to 221. I searched all over google and saw a bunch of topics about overclocking, but as most of you know its a bad idea to overclock a notebook. IF not impossible.

So i figured i should get a new ram stick and saw a local store had a sale on the DDR 1 gig, 333mhz ram stick, so i bought it. The first time i put it in it was reading 1.6 MHz, 1.59 GHz, 1.50 GIGz. (yes i know i'm not suppose to run a 512 MB, 333MHz ram stick with a 1 GIG, 333mhz ram stick. But i did it anyway.) But ever since that day its back down to 1.6 MHz, 221 MHz, 1.50 GIG.

I believe it has to do with my actual motherboad since my mothers ram didnt change it one bit. She has 2 512 MB 333mhz ram sticks in her notebook. And her notebook blows mine away in FPS on my game.

The whole reason i want faster speed is for a game i play and its really choppy. On this notebook its clocked at 1 to 13 FPS (frames per seconds). And my mothers is closer to 30.

Anyway i went into device manager, and i unistalled my processor and restart my notebook, and have a program called SwitchSpeedXP running at start. It brings it back up to 599 MHz. However, when i start my game it goes back to 221 MHz.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I highly doubt i has to do with my video card because it use to be faster, but just for giggles its a NVidia GeForce 4200.

I kind of know basic PC things, but not notebooks. So, any help anyone can provide me will be great.

P.S. sorry for the long post ^^
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.