Mic not working after checking all kinds of volume controls

Hello everyone. After much googling and my own attempts, I'm still having difficulties with my mic. It works some of the time, and when it does it's super quiet although I have all the volume controls all the way up.

I own an Asus Eee Pc 1001p. It has Windows 7 Starter, Intel 82801 PCI Bridge 2448, and also the lovely Realtek HD software crap that seems awful from what I've read. The mic is built into the laptop.

I've turned up the volume, checked to make sure boost was on in just about every place: windows controls, skype controls, and realtek controls. The mic will work sometimes, but like I said it's pretty quiet when it does. And sometimes it doesn't even work at all.

Thank you for reading

Do you mean when you speak into the mike the sound that comes out is quiet, this sounds to me like it could be a sound card problem have a look in the device manager to see if there are problems devices.

Yeah that's definitely what it does.

What sorts of things can I do with my sound card to make it work? I don't want to really mess things up or anything.

My sound card is High Definition Audio Controller. It's the only thing I found in the Device Manager that looked anything like a sound card. I'm pretty sure since my computer's a netbook, it's all completely integrated and all, so maybe that's why that's like that?

Look in the Device Manager again and look for Realtek audio and see if you can see any marks near it like a red x or a yellow exclamation or a question mark if you there is uninstall it and reboot your computer and see if windows will find.

Back