Michael Bay awkward moments at Samsung CES event

By Julio Franco
Jan 6, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Awkward barely begins to describe it...

2. soulsassassin

soulsassassin Newcomer, in training Posts: 22

Diarrhea strikes
  3. Ranger12

Ranger12 TechSpot Guru Posts: 632   +116

I would make fun of him buuuuttttt...I can see myself doing the same thing...
  4. fimbles

fimbles TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,252   +142

Did he say the type was all off? Did his autocue bugger up or something?
  5. LNCPapa

LNCPapa TS Special Forces Posts: 4,290   +262

Glad to see you guys aren't ripping into him like most other sites seem to be doing. A lot of people would choke like that if placed in front of thousands of people to speak and then lost their script. I was trying to think of what alternatives he would have if he didn't know the material by heart and it would probably have been much worse to wing it than to just walk off like he did. Regardless of how famous he is he's still just a person.
    davislane1 and cliffordcooley like this.
  6. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 12,489   +292

Yeah. Maybe he was sick or something. It was awkward, but yeah standing up there and throwing up everywhere or giving a painful presentation would have been worse..
  7. learninmypc

learninmypc TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 5,184   +230

8. TS-56336

TS-56336 TechSpot Booster Posts: 571   +98

Oh dear. I can't stand public speaking myself, so I definitely feel bad for him :(
  9. davislane1

davislane1 TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,260   +464

I've been in that situation before -- not fun at all.
  10. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,825   +1,435

"Public Speaking" I couldn't do it at all. Sometimes I think it requires a small level of public arrogance, that I don't have within my character. Reading from a screen would take away from the tension of making a mistake. I still couldn't do it even with a screen. I'm happy in my little corner, never striving to be the center of attention.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.